Valley Forge Freedom from Hunger Food Drive
The Valley Forge Tourism & Convention Board fall Freedom from Hunger Food Drive has a goal of raising the monetary equivalent of 60,000 pounds of food to get to a lifetime of more than 224,000. The funds will help purchase highly needed requested food items like eggs, poultry, and ground beef.
All proceeds support the MontCo Anti-Hunger Network.
MAHN provides resources to almost 70 free meal providers that feed almost more than 20,000 households and almost 65,000 individuals who are food insecure in Montco.
So far, here are ways community businesses are donating to the 9th Annual Freedom from Hunger Drive:
- Throughout September and October, Workhorse Brewing Company in King of Prussia will honor a $1 donation for every Workhorse Punchcard Series draft sold in those two months.
- In September, Blossom Café in Skippack will feature a Blueberry Muffin Latte. A portion of the proceeds from those drink sales will go to Freedom from Hunger, and the café will match those earnings by 10.
- Throughout September and October, Vitality Bowls in King of Prussia will honor a $1 donation for every savory menu item ordered
- Sheraton Valley Forge donated $1,000 (12,000 pounds of food)
- Madden Media donated $500 (6,000 pounds of food)
- The King of Prussia Mall donated $500 (6,000 pounds of food)
- Black Powder Tavern donated $250 (3,000 pounds of food)
- PPL donated $250 (3,000 pounds of food)
- Xfinity Live donated $250 (3,000 pounds of food)
Per Nokidhunger.org, for every dollar donated, seven meals – or 12 pounds of food – can be provided by using money to buy food in bulk to give to families in need. Monetary donations are most impactful to aid with purchasing high-demand and much-needed items, including for personal care, such as: toothpaste/toothbrushes, shampoo, soap, diapers, underwear, t-shirts, etc.
MAKE A MONETARY DONATION
In place of a physical donation, monetary contributions are accepted and appreciated. Monetary donations are handled by the MontCo Anti-Hunger Network (MAHN). MAHN will use the funds to purchase highly needed requested food items like eggs, poultry, and ground beef to feed Montgomery County residents in need.
If you, or someone you know, is in need of assistance, we encourage you to view the list of food pantries and soup kitchen in the MontCo Anti-Hunger Network.
About Freedom from Hunger
The Valley Forge Freedom from Hunger Food Drive was created as a farewell "gift" to Pope Francis in 2015 when the Pontiff stayed in Montgomery County at the St. Charles Borromeo Seminary during the World Meeting of Families in Philadelphia. Now in its ninth year, the drive continues to support the community that the tourism board diligently promotes to visitors across the nation and around the world.