Getting to Valley Forge & Montgomery County, PA
Valley Forge Forge & Montgomery County, PA is easily accessible via plane, train and automobile.
A network of major highways offer routes from every direction.
- Exits 326 through 343 of the Pennsylvania Turnpike serve Montco, easing entry/exit from the east (N.J.) and the west (Harrisburg, Pittsburgh, etc.). The exit for Valley Forge National Historical Park , the King of Prussia Mall and the Valley Forge Casino Resort is 326.
- Driving from Philadelphia or Atlantic City? The Schuylkill Expressway (I-76) is your best bet.
- If you're coming from Philadelphia International Airport, take I-476 (the Blue Route) north and then the Schuylkill Expressway (I-76 west).
- Neighbors from the south (Delaware, for instance) can take U.S. Route 202.
- Visitors from the distant north (New York, New England, etc.) or the south (D.C., the Carolinas, Florida, etc.) can access I-95 to get here.
Weather and traffic can often complicate even the most pleasant of journeys to our area. The Pennsylvania Department of Transportation offers a service to allow you to check conditions via mobile, tablet or other device, while you're in transit or before you even leave the house. 511PA provides travelers with reliable up-to-the-minute information to help you reach your destination. Check the updates by either calling 511 or visiting the 511PA website.
The nearest hub for visitors arriving by air is Philadelphia International Airport, which serves the sixth largest metropolitan center in the U.S. Some visitors also arrive via Atlantic City International Airport, which necessitates a 1 1/2-hour drive. Smaller options include Northeast Philadelphia Airport, which caters to charter business travelers both domestically and internationally. Within Montgomery County, Pennsylvania itself are Wings Field and Pottstown Municipal Airport.
Once on the ground, numerous resources for cab and limo transportation are available.
The Amtrak Acela Service can whisk you from New York or Washington D.C. to Philadelphia's 30thStreet Station in less time than you can watch a Hollywood blockbuster on your tablet. From there Valley Forge and Montgomery County, Pennsylvania., are accessible by cab, trolley, regional rail or limo.
Amtrak also features limited service directly to Paoli Station, where ground transportation is available for destinations in the King of Prussia/Valley Forge area.
By Public Transportation
The Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (we call it SEPTA) has an extensive network of buses, trains and trolleys that can bring you from Center City Philadelphia to our area and back again. The closest Regional Rail connectors to/from Valley Forge are the stations on the Paoli-Thorndale Line (exiting at Paoli Station) and the Norristown Line (exiting at Norristown Transportation Center).
Leave the Driving to Us
If you'd rather sit in the lap of luxury while being transported from any of our air, rail or bus terminals, consider our recommended limousine providers, listed here.