Valley Forge, Pa.
Just 18 miles from Philadelphia and halfway between New York City and Washington, D.C., the Valley Forge area and Montgomery County afford visitors countryside charm with big city sizzle.
One of the country's most historically significant destinations, Valley Forge, Pa., offers a wealth of story options, including:
● New ways to re-live history at Valley Forge National Historical Park with "Join the Continental Army", storytelling benches, trolley rides and ranger-led tours at Washington's original stone headquarters.
● A shopping mecca that features the nation's largest retail shopping mall - King of Prussia; Philadelphia Premium Outlets and a multitude of charming Towns and Main Streets.
● The perfect playground for recreation with more than 55 miles of biking trails; 40 public golf courses; lakes and rivers for kayaking, boating and fishing; and even a mountain for zip lining.
● A menagerie of museums including the only one in the world dedicated to the Three Stooges.
● Dining at historic taverns and inns, like William Penn Inn, that today offer traditional family recipes and more modernized menu options.