GAMERS will be flocking to GXL Colossal – the tri-state area’s biggest gaming convention – at the Greater Philadelphia Expo Center in Oaks, PA, this October to get a look at Sector X’s ground-breaking 4D virtual reality arena. Registration is now open for General Admission and ‘Bring Your Own Computer (BYOC), including several new premium seating options.
The first in the U.S. to deploy a wireless, free-roaming, fully immersive multiplayer experience, Sector X’s THE WARP is just one of the many highlights to be found at this year’s event, which is regarded as the region’s premier gaming convention. Other features Oct. 7-9 will include:
- Up to $10,000+ in cash prizes announced for Valorant, Rocket League, Super Smash Bros, Diabotical, CSGO, Apex Legends, Quake, Starcraft 2, Tekken 7, Street Fighter V.
- ECGX’s most extensive section ever with new and retro consoles.
- Mega Ran, one of the most prolific and innovative rappers of the 21st Century – will perform live at the event to show how he brings video game music and hip-hop together to create his unique style.
- Wedoca’s Popular free-play Arcade cabinets in the 24-hour gaming area.
- Origin of Play’s Virtual Reality Racing Simulators.
- Bawls’ pallet of everyone's favorite energy drinks.
- An amazing line-up of streamers, special guests, and celebrity Cosplayers, and a Cosplay competition with $1,000 prize.
“After all of the disruption of Covid, we are back with a bang!” said GXL co-founder Brian Bohanna said. “There is so much love for the GXL, and we wanted to give the community an extraordinary few days. Having the WARP from Sector X is a real coup for us, and I know people will be blown away by it.”
Attendees can also enjoy new and vintage gaming consoles, eSports, shopping in the vendor marketplace, racing simulators, dozens of Console and PC Tournaments with diverse vendors, Cosplay contests, play tabletop games, or join the LAN party.
“We started GXL in 2004, and the gamers that have been coming back all these years are like family and have grown into an amazing community of people,” said Bohanna. “Many of us grew our IT careers by hosting larger events that require in-depth knowledge of computer hardware, networks, servers, and security. A big part of our mission is advancing the world through gaming, education, and charity, and we can’t wait to open the doors to GXL once more.”
To book a spot at this year’s GXL Colossal, go to https://thegxl.com/gxl-colossal/. For more information, visit https://thegxl.com/, or connect with GXL on Facebook, Instagram, and Twitter.
TheGXL was established on February 27th, 2004, as a collaboration of local gaming LAN organizations in the DE, NJ, and PA areas with a goal of instituting the largest and most exciting LAN (Local Area Network) parties. TheGXL has run 15 events ranging from 70 attendees to 700. The average attendance of non-MINI events is nearly 600 gamers. Over the years, many aspects of gaming have been included such as Consoles, eSports, VR, Retro Consoles, Arcades, and Racing Simulators
The Valley Forge Tourism & Convention Board (VFTCB) is a nonprofit, membership-based sales and marketing organization that actively promotes Valley Forge and Montgomery County, PA as a convention site and leisure visitor destination by encouraging patronage of its 500+ member hotels, restaurants, attractions, and services. The award-winning website links visitors, meeting planners, tour operators, and residents to a diverse portfolio of brands focused on reasons to visit the region.