MONTGOMERY COUNTY, PA – With COVID-19 mitigation lifting in Pennsylvania, Montgomery County hotels, and meeting and event venues are increasing their capacity to host larger programs moving forward.
From new and renovated hotel spaces to virtual tours and upgraded technology and other booking incentives, these facilities – and the Valley Forge Tourism & Convention Board (VFTCB) – are seeing business start to pick up.
“We’ve seen a steady increase in new planning activity since our lows last year,” said Scott Higgins, Associate Director of Sales & Business Development for the VFTCB. “We’ve already seen more new opportunities in the first five months of 2021 than the final nine months of 2020. In fact, our lead volume has increased by 41%! The new leads have been varied in sizing, and looking to take place as short as a few weeks, and as far as 2023.”
Besides improving and adding to the already more than 50 virtual tours available through Montco360, the VFTCB has also introduced a revised version of its popular Revolutionary Rewards Program for 2021. Groups are now able to earn up to $5 per confirmed hotel room night when selecting any of the 80-plus world-class hotes throughout Montgomery County.
The county is also welcoming two new hotels in 2021: the Residence Inn Bala Cynwyd (now open), and the Element Valley Forge (opening this summer).
Between those two properties, and several renovated across the county, there is plenty of new and refreshed inventory for meeting and event planners to explore. Here are just some of Montco’s hotel renovation updates so far this year:
King of Prussia:
- Crowne Plaza King of Prussia – completed full property renovation covering all aspects in early 2020.
- the Alloy King of Prussia – a Doubletree Hotel – $19 million renovation to transform the property from the Doubletree Valley Forge in 2020.
- Holiday Inn Express and Suites King of Prussia (2020)
- Sheraton Valley Forge (ongoing)
- Courtyard by Marriott Collegeville (2020)
- Holiday Inn Lansdale – more than halfway through property renovation
- Courtyard Montgomeryville (2020)
- Fairfield Inn and Suites Pottstown – previously known as the Comfort Inn Pottstown, the property has undergone major renovations and will be opening in July 2021 as the Fairfield Inn and Suites Pottstown Limerick.
Fort Washington/Horsham/Willow Grove:
- Best Western Fort Washington (ongoing)
- Hampton Inn Willow Grove (ongoing)
The Valley Forge Tourism & Convention Board (VFTCB) is a nonprofit, membership-based sales and marketing organization that actively promotes Valley Forge and Montgomery County, PA as a convention site and leisure visitor destination by encouraging patronage of its 500+ member hotels, restaurants, attractions, and services. The award-winning website links visitors, meeting planners, tour operators, and residents to a diverse portfolio of brands focused on reasons to visit the region.