Last Minute Valentine's Day Gifts
Excuse us, Romeos and Juliets, but Saturday is Valentine's Day. If you have procrastinated your shopping for a special someone, know that Montgomery County, Pa., has your back. The following Valentine-themed vendors will make it easy for you to show the object of your affection just how affectionate you are.
Roses and Flowers
- Visit Floral and Hardy, located in Skippack Village and as you await your Valentine's order, give Chase or Basil (the dog and cat of the owners, the Steinbergs) a pet. In addition to flowers, gift options include handcrafted pottery, home décor and melodic wind chimes.
- Buy Valentine's roses where TV's Goldbergs do: Kremp Florist, Willow Grove. Stardom aside, Kremp's is a four-time winner of the Retail Florist of the Year Award.
- Chantilly Floral Boutique, Harleysville, offers one-stop Valentine's shopping, enabling Romeos to pick up fresh flowers - as well as gift items such as handbags, accessories, jewelry, women's clothing, lounge wear and personal and beauty items.
- Customer feedback from Risher Van Horn, Collegeville, contains the following accolade with regard to the importance of their personal touch, at Valentine's and year-round: "You guys are amazing, and that's why I don't do internet flowers."
- Step through the doorway at the Country Flower Shoppe of Blue Bell and let the proprietor, Jo, create something warm and rosy for your special someone.
- The floral arrangers at Hatfield Florist believe that there is nothing more disappointing than Valentine's flowers that come crushed in a box. Therefore, they provide arrangements that are artistically displayed and ready to give to someone special.
- The Rhoads Garden in North Wales was established in 1939 as a roadside tomato stand. This family-owned business has grown to now encompass three generations with more than 75 years of service, making their expertise perfect for Valentine's Day.
Chocolates and Candy
- Asher's Chocolates, Souderton, has been creating sweetness since 1892. Best of all, you and your honey can go and watch your treats being made. The sight of rows and rows of pretzels being drizzled with silky chocolate can be very intoxicating.
- If it's truffles that give her ruffles, the ones at Bridge Street Chocolates, Phoenixville, come in varieties that include champagne and red velvet. Our blog has more details.
- Remember cinnamon Red Hots? Some may think this retro candy - evocative of someone close to cuddle to - has disappeared from store shelves. But they are available (along with dozens of other vintage candies) at Edwards-Freeman Nut Company, profiled here.
- Tucked among the charming storefronts of Royersford is Sweet Ashley's Chocolates, whose foil-wrapped chocolate lips are the perfect blend of whimsical and sensual.
Jewelry, Gifts and Other Treats
- Accent on the Rocks, Skippack, is catering to last-minute shoppers for Valentine's Day, with evening hours Wednesday and Thursday until 8 p.m. It's a great stop, with jewelry, bags, scarves and more, all conveniently together in one place.
- Help your love shed the stress of the day and revive her look with an organic rose petal one-hour facial at Lily Laser & Beauty. This gift of luxury comes at 20 percent off for the month of February.
- If this Valentine's Day has you popping the big question, you can do no better than surprise her with a stunning ring from Milanj Diamonds, King of Prussia. Check with their experts for quality stones in unique settings at a reasonable price with a firm guarantee.
- Does your loved one send you to the stratosphere? Return the feeling with a gift certificate for an up-in-the-air romantic journey from the U.S. Hot Air Balloon Team. From the gentle rise of liftoff to the gorgeous scenery below to the champagne toast that caps the experience, a balloon ride over Montgomery County is an unforgettable treat, as we discovered when we soared with them last year and captured here.
- Maybe a bottle of wine? Maybe a one-of-a-kind piece of artwork? Maybe an enticing antique? For something unusual this February 14, visit Green Wolf's Village Barn Shoppes in Skippack.
- Personalize your expression of love with an engraved gift from Fast Fix Jewelry & Watch Repairs, King of Prussia. Whether it's gold, silver, platinum or glass, the onsite artisans can customize all your gifts.
- Whisk her (or him!) off to a Valentine's night on the town in the fancy wheels of a plush ride. King Limousine & Transportation, Inc., King of Prussia, offers white-glove service that will certainly impress.