In partnership with The Upper Darby Performing Arts Center and performed by students of Upper Darby High School, the Mann Center will present the musical Hairspray to kick off our Young People's Concert Series. This event is presented free of charge and is recommended for students grades 7 - 12.
- Approximate running time for Hairspray is 120 minutes.
- Gates open 30 minutes prior to the performance (9:30 AM).
- Parking is FREE! Transportation will not be provided.
- Seating is general admission and is on a first-come, first-served basis.
- No tickets will be issued; however, registration is required in advance.
- Backpacks will not be permitted into the theater for this event.
Bag lunches are welcome to be consumed during the show. Please clean up any trash.
About Hairspray: It’s 1962 in Baltimore, and the lovable plus-size teen, Tracy Turnblad, has only one desire – to dance on the popular “Corny Collins Show.” When her dream comes true, Tracy is transformed from social outcast to sudden star. She must use her newfound power to dethrone the reigning Teen Queen, win the affections of heartthrob, Link Larkin, and integrate a TV network… all without denting her ‘do!
Young People's Concert Series is presented in partnership with Upper Darby High School and the Upper Darby Performing Arts Center, and is sponsored by Wells Fargo.
Young People's Concert Series: Hairspray
- 5201 Parkside Ave.
- Philadelphia, PA 19131
- The Mann Center for the Performing Arts