Twelfth Night Tours
- Presented By: Pottsgrove Manor
- Dates: 11/24/2018, 11/25/2018, 11/27/2018, 11/28/2018, 11/29/2018, 11/30/2018, 12/1/2018, 12/2/2018, 12/4/2018, 12/5/2018, 12/6/2018, 12/7/2018, 12/8/2018, 12/9/2018, 12/11/2018, 12/12/2018, 12/13/2018, 12/14/2018, 12/15/2018, 12/16/2018, 12/18/2018, 12/19/2018, 12/20/2018, 12/21/2018, 12/22/2018, 12/23/2018, 12/26/2018, 12/27/2018, 12/28/2018, 12/29/2018, 12/30/2018, 1/1/2019, 1/2/2019, 1/3/2019, 1/4/2019, 1/5/2019, 1/6/2019
- Location: Pottsgrove Manor
- Address: 100 W. King St, Pottstown, PA 19464
- Phone: 6103264014
- Time: 10:00 AM to 4:00 PM
- Price: Suggested $2 Donation
Bring the whole family to learn about the little known holiday of Twelfth Night during Pottsgrove Manor’s holiday tours.
Pottsgrove Manor is transformed for the yuletide season to reveal the traditions of an 18th century Twelfth Night party. Twelfth Night was usually a lively celebration held on the day of Epiphany which marked the end of the Christmastide season. Guided tours of the manor feature all aspects of the festivities, from the intense preparations to the differences between the ways the Potts and their household staff experienced the celebration.
Find the front parlor arranged with elegant desserts and decorated with greenery. See the Twelfth Night Cake, both a party game and dessert, being prepared in the kitchen. Discover the meaning of Boxing Day in the 18th century holiday tradition. Consider the differences between the way the Potts family entertained for the season and the work the household staff underwent to throw a party. Listen to hear if your ears can recognize holiday tunes that are still sung by modern carolers or test your luck and play a colonial parlor game. Uncover the links of winter traditions both old and new at Pottsgrove Manor.
Twelfth Night Tours are given during normal museum hours, Tuesday to Saturday from 10:00am to 4:00pm and Sunday from 1:00pm to 4:00pm. Tours are 45 minutes to 1 hour; the last full tour of each day begins at 3:00pm. Additionally, the Museum Shop is also open and full of unique gifts, books, and more! Find the perfect holiday gift for everyone on your list. These tours welcome all ages and there is a suggested $2.00 donation per person.
Pottsgrove Manor is located at 100 West King Street near the intersection of King Street and Route 100, just off Route 422 near the Carousel at Pottsgrove and Manatawny Green Miniature Golf Course, in Pottstown, Pennsylvania. Pottsgrove Manor is operated by the Montgomery County Division of Parks, Trails, and Historic Sites.
For more information, please call 610-326-4014, or visit the website at www.montcopa.org/pottsgrovemanor. Like Pottsgrove Manor on Facebook at http://www.facebook.com/pottsgrovemanor.
Twelfth Night Tours
- 100 W. King St
- Pottstown, PA 19464
- Pottsgrove Manor
- Suggested $2 Donation