The Narberth Dickens Festival is the biggest holiday festival on the Main Line, where downtown Narberth transforms into 1840s London for one December afternoon every year. The event includes period street vendors and food, caroling, musicians, costumed performers, puppet shows, dance performances, ice sculpting, carriage rides, and much more. Kids join in the free scavenger hunt to search for costumed Dickens characters like Scrooge and Tiny Tim, and win a great prize. Easy train ride, with access to Septa Regional Rail - 3 stops from 30th Street Station on the Paoli/Thorndale Line. The kids will love starting the day with a train ride that drops you off right in the middle of the festival!
The Festival will be bigger and better than ever in our 13th year. The Narberth Business Association is bringing back all the crowd favorites, and expanding with new activities and performances as well. See the website for times and more information at www.narberthonline.com.
The 2019 event includes:
- Ebeneezer Scrooge and all the characters from "A Christmas Carol"
- Costumed performers
- A free scavenger hunt for kids with Dickens Fest prizes
- Horse and carriage rides
- Men of Harmony men’s choir
- Outdoor dance performances
- Hands-on children’s crafts
- Ice sculpting exhibition
- Vintage Flea Circus
- Readings of "A Christmas Carol"
- Nutcracker performances at the Pennsylvania Academy of Ballet
- Artisan vendors
- Nineteenth-century street food
- Hot toddies and hot chocolate
The Narberth Dickens Festival
- Downtown Narberth
- Narberth, PA 19072