- Presented By: Bryn Athyn Historic District
- Dates: 3/30/2019, 3/31/2019
- Location: Bryn Athyn Historic District
- Address: 1001 Cathedral Rd, Bryn Athyn, PA 19009
- Phone: 267-502-2600
- Time: 9:00am - 12:00pm and 1:00-4:00pm
- Price: $30/person. Ages 16 and up. Registration required by 5:00 pm Wednesday, March 27. Call 267-502-2990 or email email@example.com to register.Space is limited and reservations are required.
Pysanky are the beautiful, elaborate, Easter eggs found in Polish, Ukrainian and Russian traditions. Learning this centuries-old technique for decorating Easter eggs is easier than you might think. Using a stylus called a kistka, we will write with melted beeswax onto the shell of a raw egg, then dip it into vibrant dyes. We will complete two different eggs in the workshop, and you will keep your kistka and wax to use at home. Join us to make your own little heirloom - it’s a lot of fun, and the results will impress your family and friends!
About the instructor: Wendy Hallstrom is an instructor at Hunterdon Art Museum, the Center for Contemporary Art and the Hunterdon County Senior Center in western New Jersey, where she teaches both adults and children in various media. In addition to painting, Wendy has mastered the craft of Pysanky, Ukrainian egg decorating, and teaches the technique. Wendy's primary media is watercolor, but in recent years she has begun exploring religious iconography, writing icons in egg tempera in the Russian tradition and modern icons in acrylic. Her work has been displayed in juried shows in New Jersey and South Carolina and is in several private collections.
Please call 267-502-2990 to register for one of the three available times:
Saturday, March 30 9:00am-12:00pm
Saturday, March 30 1:00pm - 4:00pm
Sunday, March 31 1:00pm-4:00pm
- 1001 Cathedral Rd
- Bryn Athyn, PA 19009
- Bryn Athyn Historic District
- $30/person. Ages 16 and up. Registration required by 5:00 pm Wednesday, March 27. Call 267-502-2990 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to register.Space is limited and reservations are required.