Come and observe what few on Earth have ever seen: planets, moons, constellations, nebulae, galaxies, star clusters, comets, meteors, satellites, double stars and more as seen through a variety of telescopes and binoculars.
Star Parties are a public service of the DVAA and are FREE!! Adults and children alike are welcome.
Our members setup and man a bunch of telescopes and binoculars for the public to use but feel free to bring out your equipment own as well. Also, if you're a noob or you haven't used your scope in a while we'll be happy to help you with setup and calibration. In either case, be prepared to learn a whole lot about the sky (The DVAA loves to talk astronomy!).
Comfort, Safety and Policy:
- The star party ends at 11PM. All visitors must be off park grounds by 11PM; no exceptions!!
- Novice stargazers are often surprised at how cold they can get while observing.
- For your own comfort and enjoyment, please remember to dress warmly!
- The star party will NOT held if there are clouds, rain, etc.
- Should the sky look iffy be sure to check the DVAA Hotline at (484) 367-5278 before heading out to the park.
- For safety reasons, pets are not allowed on the observing field.
- Our permit only allow us to hold star parties after the Model Airplane Club has quit the field; after sunset.
- For your safety, please do not enter the field if model airplanes are flying!
2018 Date and Times
- Jul 21 - 8:30 p.m. to 11p.m.
- Aug 18 - 8 p.m. to 11 p.m.
- Sep 15 - 7 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Oct 13 - 6:30 p.m. to 10 p.m.
- Nov 17 - 5 p.m. to 9 p.m.
For more information, contact the DVAA at 484-238-0960 or at their website http://www.dvaa.orgWhat's Nearby