Enjoy a homemade meal without the hassle - or cleanup - this Thanksgiving in Valley Forge & Montgomery County, Pa. The area's best chefs are crafting fine meals that go beyond the turkey and trimmings, with buffet menus that include prime rib, rack of lamb, scallops and steak.
So leave the cooking to the experts and start a new Thanksgiving tradition with a meal at one of these outstanding local restaurants. You'll be thankful you did.
- The 1750 Bistro at the Holiday Inn Lansdale offers a bountiful buffet with hand-carved turkey, ham and beef tenderloin, traditional sides and a dessert bar that includes the decadent Death by Chocolate.
- Chef Tony Clark presents a Thanksgiving feast at Pacific Prime at the Valley Forge Casino Resort. The prix fixe experience includes turkey or prime rib with choice of sides and starter.
- In addition to the Thanksgiving turkey, the buffet at Black Powder Tavern is laden with seafood selections like grilled salmon, mussels, shrimp cocktail and Ducktrap pastrami smoked salmon.
- Buca di Beppo Italian Restaurant serves up supper just like Mama did: a traditional turkey entrée with mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, stuffing and pumpkin pie.
- Chadwick's Restaurant and Bar at the Club at Shannondell sets a Thanksgiving buffet with all the traditional holiday favorites. Diners are welcome to even argue about who gets the wishbone.
- Normandy Farm offers two chances to give thanks for a home cooked meal. The Grand Ballroom hosts a buffet dinner with turkey, ham, and quinoa and zucchini lasagna from 11 a.m. until 5p.m., while The Farmer's Daughter has a family-style dinner from 2 to 7 p.m.
- The Farmhouse Bistro at People's Light & Theatre is featuring a Thanksgiving buffet with turkey, cornbread and sausage stuffing, homemade cranberry sauce and more. The theater is dark for Thanksgiving Day but returns to performances of Arthur and the Tale of the Red Dragon: A Musical Panto on Friday the 28th.
- The Desmond Hotel presents an extensive buffet of turkey, crab cakes, salmon fillet, roasted pepper Alfredo tortellini and smoked ham with a special kid-friendly option of chicken nuggets and French fries.
- Filet mignon, rack of lamb, scallops, crab cake, and of course, turkey with all the fixings are all part of the prix fixe Thanksgiving Day menu at the Historic General Warren Inne. Enjoy a historic meal in a historic setting.
- L'Angolo Blue's Thanksgiving Day carving station includes both turkey and lamb with traditional sides, an Italian antipasto table and assorted desserts.
- Thanksgiving Dinner is served family style at Maggiano's Little Italy, so everyone can pass around the turkey and ham, as well assorted pastas, sides and desserts.
- Moshulu's special menu on Thanksgiving Day tempts the taste buds with spice-brined free-range turkey, pan-seared Peking duck breast and bleu cheese and bacon encrusted swordfish among the entrée options.
- Enjoy the presentation of the Ruth's Chris Steakhouse chefs as they work their magic with a four-course prix fixe dinner that includes roasted turkey with soup or salad, choice of sides and dessert.
- The classic Thanksgiving Day feast at Seasons 52 is a bounty of home-spun tradition: roasted turkey, herb stuffing, mashed potatoes, butternut squash, cranberry relish and a pumpkin pie mini indulgence.
- Grab a seat at the table at Sullivan's Steakhouse, and prepare for the Thanksgiving prix fixe feast that unfolds. Dig into a turkey dinner with a range of sides, choice of soup or salad and dessert.
Wherever you choose to have your Thanksgiving feast, the staff at the Valley Forge Tourism & Convention Board wish you a happy holiday with friends and family.