Need a present for February 14? No worries. As a shopping destination, Montgomery County is unparalleled for specialty shops and unique boutiques.
- The stores of the King of Prussia Mall and Philadelphia Premium Outlets have an abundance. Your at-home bakery baron will love the heart-shaped pans, ramekins and cookie cutters from Williams Sonoma. If you want to leave the sweets to the expertise of someone else, Crumbs Bake Shop has Devil's Food cupcakes and the ever-popular Red Velvet with Cream Cheese Frosting. If you're using this February to pop the question, the diamond experts at Milanj Diamonds can help you pick the perfect stone and put it in the perfect setting.
- Sweets for a sweetie are a Valentine's Day staple. The chocolatiers and candy makers in Montgomery County, however, lift the usual fare to gourmet standards:
- Asher's Chocolates Peanut Butter Hearts will make any sugar-salt fan swoon, as will their chocolate covered pretzels, each decorated with a drizzle of red and white for the holiday. The white chocolate crispy pop is deliciously eye-appealing, covered in a flurry of red candy hearts.
- If truffles make your heart ruffle, see the wide selection at Bridge Street Chocolates. Varieties include caramel pecan, Champagne, red velvet and white chocolate.
- Valentine's Day passion is all about heat, so a gift of Hot Tamales to your loved one may send just the right message, bursting with cinnamon. They are available - along with hundreds of other types of retro candy - at Edwards-Freeman Nut Company.
- For the wine lover in your heart, Montgomery County's wineries have reds and whites that were made for sharing.
- Spice up your Valentine's Day with a bottle of Boyd's Cardinal Hollow Winery's famous jalapeno wine. Or if you prefer something a little sweeter, the Black Forest wine is a perfect blend of sweet cherries and chocolate.
- Chaddsford Winery in nearby Chester County not only offers favorites like pinot noir and Chardonnary, but they are hosting the Delaware Shakespeare Festival and their "Shakespeare + St. Valentine" program on February 12.
Looking to turn a day away into a romantic escape? The Let Freedom Reign Hotel Package is perfect for a getaway for two. Each package includes a complimentary appetizer or complimentary breakfast for two, as well as a box of Asher's Chocolates at check-in. Click here to see a list of participating hotels.