Skiing in Valley Forge is a mix of the downhill skiing most people think of, but also cross-country skiing in some of the most unique settings in the country.
Cross-Country Skiing in Valley Forge
You can literally "ski Valley Forge" on cross-country skis, traversing the 3,500 acres of Valley Forge National Historical Park, where General Washington tempered the army that would claim victory in the Revolutionary War.
Green Lane Park, Lower Perkiomen Valley Park and Fort Washington State Park are also popular winter destinations for cross-country skiing, as well as other winter sports, from sledding to ice fishing.The Closest Downhill Skiing to Philadelphia
The big draw for snowboarding and skiing in Montgomery County, Pennsylvania, is Spring Mountain Adventures, the closest skiing to Philadelphia.
Spring Mountain offers eight ski trails, four ski lifts and a complete range of rental equipment for all ages.
With lessons for kids as young as three years old, there's something for everyone, including two high-speed snowtubing runs. And with snow-guns working night and day, you can count on fresh powder all winter long.
More Things to Love about Skiing at Spring Mountain:
- Long, skiable trails between mountain peaks
- Locker rentals for personal items you may want through the day
- Great slopes for beginners and intermediate-level skiers
- Affordable lift tickets and rentals just 30 minutes from Philly
- Simple fare to fine dining at the Powder Pig Pub and Woodside Lodge
- 4th grader students automatically earn Season Passes, with the presentation of a stellar report card
There are no listings that match your query.