Valentine's Day Dining
The following are a sampling of dining specials from Valentine's Day 2015. This page will be updated with 2016 specials as they become available.
Magnificent Meals Made in Montco
A quiet table for two. A conversation accompanied by soft music. A candle flickers from the centerpiece. Have a toast to each other and indulge in the local meus that result when Cupid's arrow meets culinary artistry.
- The elegant setting of the Farmer's Daughter Restaurant at Normandy Farm is perfect for a special Valentine's Day celebration. The five courses that will unfold from 5-9 p.m. on February 14 include a complimentary glass of Champagne, which prepares the palate for delights such as potato leek soup, crispy pickled onion oysters on the half shell and red wine demi herb-crusted snapper. The finale is dessert, of course, where Champagne caviar strawberry Linzertort is an exotic option.
- Nestle in at Buca Di Beppo and honor your amore with a fun and festive dinner for two. The chefs have fashioned their mouthwatering lasagna into a heart shape that is perfect for sharing. The rest of the meal includes a mixed green or Caesar salad, garlic bread and two mini cannoli for dessert. Busy on the 14th itself? No worries. This dinner special runs February 13-15.
- Red is the usual color of Valentine's, but the special presentation at L'Angolo Blue proves that other hues can be woven into a romantic weekend. The Friday, Saturday and Sunday menus are augmented with a Champagne, oyster and lobster bar. And the pastry chefs will spend their time whisking chocolate, sugar, fruit and other flavorful ingredients into one decadent dessert after another.
- The Old Guard House Inn presents a prix-fixe dining experience at the hands of the talented Frank Miller, Chef de Cuisine. The dishes start off with a smoked salmon mousse, proceed to appetizers such as spring rolls with dipping sauce, and include entrees of roasted rack of lamb white truffle potato mousseline. As for the final course, the chef has chosen to keep dessert a romantic surprise, but with the reputation the Guard House has, couples can be assured it will be unforgettable.
- Does your special someone melt your heart? Treat him or her to the February 14 event at The Melting Pot. A teddy bear will be waiting at your table, along with a Valentine Fun Fact and Love Quiz to giggle over. Other giveaways include your photo in a special frame, a beautiful rose for the lady and a jar of seasonings for her guy. The courses include lobster cheese fondue and a special cut filet mignon. And when you've dabbed the last bit of Fontana cheese from each other's chins, the manager will visit with a drawing for gift cards.
- Sullivan's Steakhouse is serving dinner that is guaranteed to "sweep her off her seat." Available throughout the weekend of February 13-15, the service is a three-course wonderland of menu favorites, in a setting of swanky elegance.
The veal Oscar at Taphouse 23 is a stellar combination
of expertly prepared meat, accented with asparagus, crab and Béarnaise. It is
only one of the five entrée options available at the Valentine's Day
four-course special. The dessert sampler will have couples snuggling shoulder
to shoulder to share.
Looking to turn a romantic evening into an overnight escape? The Let Freedom Reign Hotel Package is perfect for a getaway for two. Each package includes a complimentary appetizer or complimentary breakfast for two, as well as a box of Asher's Chocolates at check-in. Click here to see a list of participating hotels.