BEEF UP MEDIA RELATIONS
Key Takeaways from July Speaker Series Event
A late-afternoon summery thunderstorm could not dampen the spirits of the attendees at the VFTCB member information session "Beefing Up PR: How to Turn Up the Heat on Your Media Outreach." More than 90 members - as well as cameras from 6ABC - attended the July 13 presentation at the Best Western Plus, Inn at King of Prussia.
Communications Manager Dan Weckerly led the session, theming his recommendations to the grill chefs who cooked following the session. He and his co-presenters, VFTCB interns Emily Keel and Chris Vazquez, reminded members to keep their public relations efforts S.P.I.C.Y.; that is, to concentrate on:
- Story - Keep releases relevant and tightly bound to one, central, noteworthy business development
- Pitch - Present your story in a professional, courteous, journalist-friendly manner
- Images - Imbed photos or video and link them to your homepage
- Courage - Be persistent; cultivate ongoing relationships with the media and leverage them
- Yield - Measure outcomes; revise what doesn't work and strengthen what does
After the presentation, the media and VFTCB members/staff got their first look at Crave, the VFTCB's new dining magazine. They also enjoyed light appetizers served up by chefs from Valley Forge Casino Resort and Davio's Northern Italian Steakhouse.
Next: Destination Shop Montco